This isn’t my prettiest recipe, but it is one of the tastiest if you’re following keto and missing fruit or sugar. I don’t really “miss” either because I didn’t eat a lot before I started keto, but now that I’ve found ways to eat sweets guilt free - it’s on like Donkey Kong!!
This post contains affiliate links at no additional cost to you.
I’ve made this recipe a couple ways - using Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips as well as the way I’m talking about today with the Ghirardelli Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar. I prefer it this way because too much Lily’s doesn’t bode well with the ol’ gut, if you know what I mean…
Since the Ghirardelli bar is unsweetened, you’ll have to sweeten it yourself and it’s still slightly bitter compared to the Lily’s chocolate, but once you dip them in the cheesecake dip you’ll never even know!
Keto Chocolate Covered Strawberries + Cheesecake Dip
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 24 single servings
- 1 (4 oz.) package Ghirardelli Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar
- 24 fresh strawberries, stemmed
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Liquid Stevia, sweeten to taste (I use 3 squeezes from the squeezable bottle)
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper to place the dipped strawberries on to harden
- Place the coconut oil and chocolate in a microwaveable bowl
- Melt on high heat for 30 seconds, then remove to stir and continue melting in 10 second increments until completely melted
- Add the Stevia and mix well
- Dip each stemmed strawberry in the mixture to coat and then carefully place on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- After all strawberries are coated, place in the freezer for 1 hour
- While the strawberries set, make the cheesecake dip [CLICK HERE for the recipe I use]
- After 1 hour, transfer the strawberries to a container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days
VARIATION: Use one bag of Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips in place of the Unsweetened Ghirardelli Baking Bar and omit the Stevia.